Subject: [bitcoin-core-dev] First post to this list

From: laanwj () gmail ! com (Wladimir J ! van der Laan)
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:25:21 +0000

Hello all,

Welcome to the bitcoin-core-dev mailing list.

Firstly, the idea of this list is disussion of Bitcoin Core specific
implementation concerns. 

This means, for example:

- - Proposals and discussion of e.g. a new wallet API, a P2P code refactor, etc.

- - Questions about how to implement something.

- - Questions about behavior of the code.

- - Discussion about release schedule.

Basically everything that is also acceptable on the #bitcoin-core-dev IRC channel.

But not:

- - Talk or proposals of consensus changes, soft/hard forks (use bitcoin-dev).

- - Changes to the P2P protocol (use bitcoin-dev).

- - Philosophy and economics (use bitcoin-discuss).

- - Issue and bug reports (use github).

Please behave, be civil and respectful, and try to keep things productive
and moving forward by keeping the amount of repetition to a minimum: if
something was discussed a month ago don't start a new discussion on the same
thing.

Kind regards,
Wladimir van der Laan