Subject: [bitcoin-core-dev] Preparation for Zürich coding event

From: johnathan () corganlabs ! com (Johnathan Corgan)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 20:13:56 +0000

As face time is extremely valuable, I suggest we take the opportunity ahead
of time to hash out some suggestions for development activities while
there.  I don't mean this to be a TODO list; it just might be useful to
gather our thoughts as a group so we can hit the ground running.

Personally, as I am only recently getting back into the bitcoin dev
community, I'm going to be struggling a bit to keep up with all the
heavyweight work.

However, in the IRC dev meeting we just had, the topic of notifications,
ZMQ vs. RPC, RPC long polling, websockets, etc. was vigorously debated.
I'd like to volunteer to lead this discussion and see if we can do any
proof-of-concept or prototyping that can help guide decision making for
this set of features.

I do understand that a lot of what happens will just be advancing work
already in progress though face-to-face interactions, but I'm hoping we can
at least have a set of ideas ahead of time that might be useful to motivate
people.

Thoughts?

-Johnathan
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-core-dev/attachments/20160512/e0831e65/attachment.html>